I woke up to my alarm Saturday morning and thought, “God. No. It’s a Saturday, this is not happening.”
The actual run was just the beginning of the fun. If you have never run a race before or are afraid of how serious runners can be, give the Color Run a go. It’s fun for friends and family, young or old.
When I do this run again I will surely pack along a large group of friends with silly matching outfits. Oh, and it will be warm outside.
Afterwards, the party and color throws were the main event. People of all ages gathered to color the world, or at least Camden Yards.
There were lots of photo ops around, including some fun kaleidoscopes. They also had some lovely guys with leaf blowers to blast off all the loose powder before you hop back into your car.
How could we resist?
And since there was such a large crowd during the run, we didn’t get a photo when I finished, so we couldn’t help ourselves when we saw the empty finish line just waiting for a fun, celebratory jumping pic.
Can you tell how many layers I was wearing? I think it was four!
Geoffrey and I both agreed that the best part about doing things like this is finishing around lunchtime and knowing you’ve already accomplished something that day. Guess I had already forgotten the misery of waking up!
On the way back to the car, we passed a reflective building and I was shocked by my reflection. I guess the leaf blowers didn’t get everything off. In the end I draped a sheet over my seats and threw my outer layers into a trash bag. (Almost) always prepared!
A big thanks to The Color Run for inviting us to participate in the 2014 Kaleidoscope Tour.
Putting it Together
- Sign up to run when the weather is warmer. This is not a hard core race so you don’t need to go up against the weather. Plus, I think participants would be more lively if the weather were nice.
- Sign up on the Color Run website to be a VIP so you know when the race comes to your area and benefit from early bird prices.
- The Color Run provides you with a white tshirt and a headband plus a few other goodies at the pre-race party. They also have a fun store in case you want to get all decked out.
- Clean up is fairly easy. Remove excess loose powder from clothing before tossing in the wash with COLD water.
- Bring a trash bag and sheet along so you can strip off your outer layers and sit on the sheet in your car.
Have you participated in a Color Run or another race before? I’d love to hear how your’s went!
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-49466220-1’, ‘auto’);