This weekend I’m heading back to the Poconos but this time with my friend Karen, and we are going camping at the Shawnee Inn! We will be canoeing, hiking and even roasting up a few s’mores around the campfire. I would say I’m an experienced camper so I know exactly what to bring on any camping trip. From certain foods to games and even clothing like thermal socks to keep your feet warm at night because the temperature really does drop! There’s nothing really like a well-prepared camping trip.
I absolutely adore camping, but knowing what to take with you can be tricky! I’ve had a look at some cool camping gadgets 2020 reviews, so this has helped me a little bit when it comes to getting tools that I may need for a camping trip. But in terms of the essentials, I’m not too sure where to start.
That being said, one of the most important things you can invest in is a sturdy backpack. I know there are some fantastic internal frame backpacks online so do not be afraid to shop around to find one that you like. Buying a reliable backpack is essential if you are going to be embarking on a longer camping trip as you need somewhere to keep all of your outdoor gear safe and dry! You can find a more comprehensive packing list for your weekend getaway here. Then, simply add my camping essentials listed below and you’re ready!
1. Cardigan // A fun summer sweater to throw over any outfit when it cools down at night.
2. Sunglasses //Because I don’t go anywhere without them and this style feels more outdoorsy to me.
3. Graphic t-shirt // Adding a graphic print makes things a little more fun.
4. Shorts // A comfortable pair that can (let’s be honest) double as pajamas.
5. Socks // A cozy pair that will keep toes warm at night.
6. Sneakers // That are comfortable enough for hiking and can handle a few splashes.
7. Bug spray // Insects can get pesky during the summer, especially in the evening.
8. Backpack // Throw in a water bottle and a few snacks for the hike.
Bonus: If you want to get your hands on that adorable handpainted paddle.
Where are you heading this weekend? Any fun plans?
*Image via Pinterest