Another year older and another year for new and exciting adventures. I feel particularly lucky to be writing this list from my hotel in Cairo this year. My first few items have been saved for this bucket list for a while now and I still hardly believe I’ve already checked them off as a part of my NYE/birthday trip to Israel.
As I formed my list this year, I thought about the things that mean the most to me, the things I want to be better at, and travel, blogging and friendship came to mind. The other purpose of this list is for me to try new things and enjoy life. Just like last year, I will share my experiences as I check off each item on the list – click the link to follow my progress!
But first, some of the most significant aspects of this list involve changes that I want to make to my blog. For a long time, I have done the majority of the marketing for my website off my own back. However, although I have been relatively successful so far, there are some aspects of digital marketing that are beyond my expertise.
For example, a friend of mine was recently telling me all about how since optimizing her website for search engines, she has noticed a dramatic increase in traffic. She actually works in marketing, but because she was so busy with other tasks like monitoring her social media, she decided to outsource her SEO strategy to a private label seo reseller.
To be honest, SEO has always been something that I have wanted to learn more about so I have decided that I might have to follow her lead. Ultimately, improving the SEO of my website is definitely going to be something that I am going to be taking more seriously over the next few months!
So, that being said, do you have a bucket list? I hope you enjoy reading mine…
Travel – ” My favorite thing is to go where I’ve never been.”
1. Float in the Dead Sea in Israel
2. Camp in a Bedouin tent in Jordan
3. Ride a camel in Egypt
4. Go to the airport and book the cheapest flight to someplace new
5. Go to Niagara falls
New Things – “To change one’s life: start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions.”
6. Read 12 new books
7. Do a photoshoot in a public space
8. Learn to cook 5 new dishes
9. Be a tourist in my own city (think: staycation)
10. Try 5 new restaurants in DC
Blogging – “Traveler, there are no paths; paths are made by walking.”
11. Create a travel planning guide
12. Create a city guides section
13. Get with it on Twitter
14. Outsource some of the work
15. Engage companies like Epsilon to manage my email marketing requirements and create newsletter options
Friendship – “The easiest kind of relationship for me is with 10,000 people. The hardest is with one.”
16. Send snail mail each month
17. Plan a weekly or biweekly happy hour
18. Plan three girls’ days
19. Go on a mini roadtrip with friends
20. Karaoke night with friends
Smiles – “Choose to be happy on a horrible, no good, very bad day.”
21. Day of nice
22. Make an effort to improve my French
23. Go thrifting
24. “Fail spectacularly and try again”
25. Write for myself
Hi Tiffany! I commented on your post on your skimm post so I just checked out the blog! I LOVE your 25 for 25 list 🙂 I tried to see the 24 for 24 list (I just turned 24) but it’s giving me an error page! Anyway you can send it my way? I’d love to try this!
Thanks for the recs Alexis and I’ve fixed the 24 for 24 link 🙂 it’s http://togethertraveler.com/24-for-24
I’ll also send it to you!